shoulder Joint, The most mobile joint of human body, at the cost of stability. It is one of four joints that comprise the shoulder complex. The shoulder is composed of a network of bones, joints, and soft tissues that make this large range of motion possible. we are suggesting best exercise for shoulder pain to decrease pain and improve mobility.
- Frozen Shoulder
- Proximal Humerus ( Shoulder) Fracture.
- Rotator Cuff Injuries.
- Shoulder Arthritis.
- Shoulder Labrum Tear.
- Shoulder Pain, Instability and Dislocations.
BEST EXERCISE FOR SHOULDER PAIN
- Keep your head squarely over your shoulders and your back straight.
- Slowly turn your head to the right until you feel a stretch in the side of your neck and shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, and then slowly turn your head forward again.
- Repeat on your left side. Do up to 10 sets.
- Relax your shoulders. Stand and lean over slightly, allowing the affected arm to hang down.
- Swing the arm in a small circle — about a foot in diameter.
- Perform 10 revolutions in each direction, once a day.
- As your symptoms improve, increase the diameter of your swing, but never force it
CROSS BODY SHOULDER STRETCH
- Start standing or sitting tall.
- Grab one arm above your elbow with your opposite hand, and pull it across your body toward your chest until you feel a stretch in your shoulder.
- Make sure to keep your elbow below shoulder height.
- Hold for at least 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side
- Sit on your heels on a yoga mat or on the floor.
- Either keep your knees together or apart.
- Slowly, bend forward by lowering your forehead to touch the floor, exhaling as you do so.
- Keep your arms alongside your body.
- Lay on your side with your bottom arm bent upward at a 90-degree angle, fingers pointing toward the ceiling.
- With your other arm, gently apply downward pressure until you feel a stretch in your shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for ten seconds and perform two sets of ten reps on each arm.
- It is important to ensure your body does not roll forward or backward off your side during the exercise, as this can cause injury.
OVERHEAD TRICEPS AND SHOULDER STRETCH
- Start standing or sitting tall.
- Bring one arm overhead and drop your forearm behind you, resting it on your back between your shoulder blades.
- With your other hand, grab right above your bent elbow and pull gently, until you feel a stretch in your shoulder and the back of your arm.
REVERSE SHOULDER STRETCH
- Reverse Shoulder Stretch Stand upright and clasp your hands together behind your back.
- Slowly lift your hands upward.
- lean forward while lifting your hands upward.
- Hold the stretch position for a minimum of 20 seconds
SIDE LYING THORACIC ROTATION
- Start lying on your right side with your right leg straight and a foam roller underneath your left knee.
- Extend your arms to the right. Stack your left hand on top of your right hand.
- Without moving your left leg, lift your left arm and begin to rotate toward the left. Your head should follow the motion of your arm.
- Rotate as far as you can without moving your pelvis and taking your knee off the foam roller. This should not hurt. If it does, decrease your range of motion. This counts as one rep.
- Complete 10 to 15 reps on each side.
Physiotherapy, also referred to physical therapy, is treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness. Best Physiotherapists in Najafgarh get you involved in your own recovery by setting a pre-defined track for the treatment. A physio may ask you to do certain exercises on your own in order to recover quickly. Physiotherapist use manual therapy and various modalities according to the patient’s condition.
First of all, the assessment is done before exercise for shoulder pain by a physiotherapist where they set a track for the process of the treatment. There are different approaches used in a physio treatment however it may vary from patient to patient depending upon the condition of the patient and the type of treatment needed. The common procedure includes fallowing:
– Manual Exercises – Soft Tissue Mobilization – Electrotherapy – Heat Therapy – Taping for sports injuries – Ultrasound
To find the right physiotherapist of exercise for shoulder pain depends on the condition of patient and the type of treatment the patient has to go through. there is a case of post-surgery, so this patient will be assigned with ortho physio is person of incharge in exercise for shoulder pain . Physiocare will make sure that he gets an experienced physiotherapist in exercise for shoulder pain.
Usually the session is for 45 minutes, However the session duration can be increased up to 1 hour or 90 minutes in case the treatment is needed for longer duration. The session duration is generally increased in few cases where a patient is having severe/multiple issues. Our expert can set the session duration after the assessment of the patient is done. Please note that standard charges mentioned on our website are for 45 to 60 min session. For longer duration sessions, charges will be higher.
- Across-the-chest stretch. …
- Neck release. …
- Chest expansion. …
- Eagle arms spinal rolls. …
- Seated twist. …
- Shoulder circles. …
- Doorway shoulder stretch. …
- Downward Dog Pose.