- Hydrotherapy- Using water to relieve pain, treat diseases and maintain health. For example, mineral baths and hot tubs.
- Stretching-Stretching exercises can improve flexibility and improve physical function.
- Massage-Relaxes tense muscles.
- Acupuncture-Insertion of needles into specific points on the body to relieve pain and treat other conditions. A form of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Physical exercise- Aerobic activity for 20–30 minutes 5 days a week improves cardiovascular health. If injured, pursuing an activity that avoids the injured muscle group or joint can help maintain physical function while recovering
- Weight loss
- Can improve cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of complications related to obesity.
- Heating pad
- Soothes painful muscles or joints and can help drain skin infections.
- Ice packsReduces inflammation and dulls sensation of pain.
- Cold compress
- Reduces inflammation and dulls sensation of pain.
- Immunosuppressive drug
- Reduces immune response.
- Anti-inflammatoryPrevents or counteracts swelling (inflammation) in joints and tissues.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Relieves pain, decreases inflammation and reduces fever.
- SteroidModifies or simulates hormone effects, often to reduce inflammation or for tissue growth and repair.